“Never say die.” Those words were made legendary to young adventurists by what 1985 classic movie? If you said The Goonies, you win a sequel. That’s right, folks! It’s been confirmed – The Goonies 2 is in the works. SQUEEEE!
Now, I know there are some of you who haven’t seen the original (I’m looking at you Tanya, our Wonderist leader) and if that’s the case, let’s all have a sleepover and watch together! I promise not to dip your fingers in cold water while you’re sleeping.
As for the sequel, this could go one of two ways: Toy Story 2 (WIN!) or Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights (NOT such a win!).
It’s being said Steven Spielberg already has a plot in development, but just in case he’s scouring the internet for inspiration, here’s a list of things I’d like to see happen:
- After earning billions of dollars during the dot com boom, the Goonies now own a fro yo franchise.
- Much like the movie Groundhog Day, the Goonies find themselves in a time loop and we relive the original movie again. And again. And again.
- Sean Astin reprises his role as Mikey, but speaks only in Klingon.
- Miley Cyrus makes a cameo as a twerking bear wearing a leotard.
- The second half is a musical based on the songs of Michael Jackson.
Okay, maybe Mr. Spielberg won’t be calling me anytime soon for suggestions. Is there anything YOU want to see in the sequel? Let us know in the comments!
When Liza isn’t writing, she’s eating some form of cheese, spending time with her husband and son, or binge watching TV shows. Find her on Twitter and say hello @WriterLiza.
Photo Source: Warner Bros.