The Sound of Happiness
Do you have a favorite sound? Something that just makes you happy? Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve loved the sound of men’s dress shoes clacking on a gritty sidewalk. And the sound of turning thin dictionary pages.
Today, I add to that list, the sound of 16 baby goat hooves on a living room floor. Check out this video from farmer Nadia Jarreau – I guarantee you will watch it at least 300 times. (My favorite is the speedy goat who races across the screen at the 5-second mark.)
My Top Ten Happiest Sounds. Tell me yours in the comments section below!
- The squeak of wrapping paper when it’s being taped to a present
- The lock release of my keys in the front door at the end of the day
- My dad’s voice saying, “Hi, Tan,” on the phone
- An escaped snort-laugh
- Landing gear opening
- A can of soda being popped open
- The oven timer when dessert is ready
- My cat’s chirp (she can’t meow)
- The perfect ballad
- A hard rain
(Photo Source: Kawiwan)