What’s Love Got to Do with It?
Christmas has come early, ladies (and some gentlemen, I’m sure). If you haven’t heard already – Scott Foley is going to be returning to ABC’s hit drama Scandal as a regular next season. I think I speak on behalf of all people everywhere when I say – Scott, I’m not really that creeped out by the surveillance control room in your apartment that you use to watch your girlfriend. Call me.
Kerry Washington, Tony Goldwyn, and Scott Foley have, quite possibly, some of the best on-screen chemistry of all tv time, but they’ve got some pretty stiff competition (too much with the pun?). Here’s my Top 11 List - in no particular order – of Best Small Screen Chemistry of a Sexual or Comedic Nature (or, as I like to call it, BSSCSCN). I realize this may make me a modern-day heretic, but there’s no Ross/Rachel and no Big/Carrie on here. Please don’t burn me at the stake. Which tv couples would you add to the list?
PS. NBC, you used to make good shows.
1) Whitley and Dwayne Wayne, A Different World
2) Joshua Lyman and Donnatella Moss, The West Wing
3) Sam and Diane, Cheers
4) Niles and Daphne, Frasier
5) Denny and Izzie, Grey’s Anatomy
6) Bates and Anna, Downton Abbey (this one is neither comedic, nor sexual, but I just love them)
7) Zack and Kelly, Saved by the Bell
8) Olivia and Jake and Olivia and the President (lucky girl), Scandal
9) Mindy and Danny, The Mindy Project (this one might just be wishful thinking on my part)
10) Paul and Jamie, Mad About You
11) Jim and Pam, The Office